Pobl Group, of which Gwalia, Charter and Derwen are part, is looking for new contractors to support Pobl Trades with the delivery of it’s responsive repairs and voids services. Pobl Group is also looking for a supply partner to provide a 24-hour, 7 day a week, year-round heating service.
Active customers have been involved in developing the service we require and now we are looking for your views on our final set of criterion, to ensure we choose the right partners for us.
To ensure fairness and transparency all large contracts are advertised and go through a tendering process. This means that all companies interested in working with Pobl can read the same information and set of requirements (in the tender) and submit their proposal to deliver what we require.
Each tender has been developed to achieve the following criteria:
- To include Pobl Service definitions (developed in-line with the feedback from customer focus groups and the Customer Service Committee).
- To provide greater flexibility and ability to innovate for changing customer needs during the life of the contract.
- To attain direct cost savings through longer term commitment.
- To build partnership working ethos and reduce client-contractor duplication.
You can find more information on both tenders in the sections below.
These consultations end at noon on Friday 4th January 2019.
Domestic Heating Contract
Pobl are looking for a supply partner to provide a 24-hour, 7 day a week, year-round heating service. To include servicing and inspection of all domestic natural gas, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), oil and solid fuel heating systems within Pobl Group’s properties.
The contract has been advertised via Fusion 21 Framework allowing us access to a supply chain that has been rigorously assessed and is continuously monitored. Further benefits of using the framework are as follows;
- Access a supply base that is tested on capability, experience and cost models
- Buy with confidence – we consistently monitor the financial stability of our supply chain
- Additional support to monitor performance, quality and service delivery during the contract
- Access economies of scale through increased buying power
- Compliance with the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012
We would really appreciate your take on the evaluation criteria we have drafted to help us evaluate the proposals sent in by all interested companies. Evaluation will take place in January 2019. The suppliers will need to respond to the method statements and then the top two bidders will present to a panel.
- Customer Service Standards – Bidders must describe the method that they will adopt to ensure a guaranteed 24/7/365 call out service whilst maintaining high levels of customer care, including details of how they will meet the performance targets for responsive repairs, providing evidence of how they have achieved similar levels of performance on other recent contracts. Bidders must include details of any sub-contractors they intend to use to deliver services.
- Servicing compliance – Bidders are asked to explain the process that will help Pobl Group achieve 100% compliance whilst demonstrating any innovation or added value. For Method Statement B bidders must demonstrate how their proposal meets the specification. Answers should explain their understanding of the requirement, the proposed processes, procedures and quality measures to meet the requirement. Evidence to support each response is advised.
- IT Requirements – The Service Provider must provide an operational link between the Pobl Group’s IT System and the Service Provider’s IT System. Bidders shall detail their ability to integrate with Pobl Group’s IT System.
- Mobilisation – Supply Partner is expected to take an organised approach to mobilisation of a new call-off contract. Bidders should outline methods for ensuring smooth mobilisation and transition to ensure contracts are up and running efficiently in a timely manner including a breakdown of any costs.
- Supply chain – Bidders should outline details of their supply chain and how systems ensure parts are readily available for all types of appliances including access to some obsolete parts.
- Social Value – Fusion21 Limited and its members wish to encourage, promote and develop working with local communities in accordance with Fusion21s Sustainable Procurement Policy. This includes but is not restricted to Employment, Training and Education Opportunities or Bespoke Community Support (for information purposes, as opposed to be scoring).
Please let us know what you think of the method statements using the electronic questionnaire here.
Sub-Contractor Framework – Repairs and Maintenance
Pobl are looking for new contractors to support Pobl Trades with the delivery of our responsive repairs and voids services to our customers. The current contract we have out to tender can be found here. Please take a look at the full tender if you have the time, however, we appreciate you are very busy, so have outlined the content of the tender below;
Title: Framework for Responsive Repairs & Voids including Out of Hours Works for Pobl Group.
Pobl Trades will undertake most of Pobl’s responsive repairs. However, there is a need to hold a list of suitable contractors who can cover a range of areas that shall support and perform any works/repairs required, where Pobl Trades do not have sufficient capacity or resources to do so. The following lots have been included in the tender and contractors are invited to tender for all or individual lots.
- Painting and Decorating
- Roofing Services
- General Building Services
- Installation of Bathrooms
- Installation of Kitchens
- Specialist Cleaning (including Voids)
- Electrical Repairs and Upgrades
- Scaffolding Services
- Drainage Services
We would really appreciate your take on the criterion (below) to help us evaluate the proposals.
- Pobl are the biggest housing association in Wales. Previously we have utilised term contractors to undertake Repairs & maintenance of our properties, however recently we have changed this arrangement, so our internal trades team will undertake up to 70% of the work with the remaining 30% of the work to be shared out between the different ‘lots’. Please explain how you envisage working and assisting with Pobl Trades. Please include work plans of how you think you can achieve this.
- Please describe how you propose to provide a first-class service whilst dealing with the supply and demand of the jobs that you could receive on a weekly basis. Please also include how you would work out your weekly plans on the provision that Pobl Trades wouldn’t require any work from one week to the next and if Pobl Trades required work on a weekly basis. Please also include details of how you would manage this where you have other contracts to attend to.
- Describe and provide an overview of your previous experience of dealing with Schedule of Rates (SOR), Social Housing and being a sub-contractor to an Internal Direct Labour Organisation (DLO). Please give examples of what went well and what didn’t go so well, and where it didn’t what would you do to rectify the problem. Please give examples of where you could possibly improve the relationships with an internal DLO. Please also include details regarding the identification and management of risk in relation to Health & Safety.
- Pobl Group serves people with differing requirements, including but not limited to customers who live in Care & Support settings, general housing etc – Please explain how you would deal with our diverse client group including what training you have in place. Please try and put yourself in the shoes of the resident and give examples of what added services / standard services you would offer / undertake to ensure the repair completed in an efficient and quality manner.
- Pobl Trades has recently implemented a new IT system; however, we envisage that contractors appointed to this contract will be required to accept a job electronically and send completion of jobs electronically.
- Please explain how you will receive and close a job down and how you will be able provide updates to Pobl and engage with the tenant. And, as a company on the Sub Contractor framework for Pobl Trades, do you intend to sub-contract any aspect of your work out, if so, what and to where (for information purposes, as opposed to be scoring).
Please let us know what you think of the criteria using the electronic questionnaire here.
Feedback received by noon on Friday 4th January 2019 will be used in the evaluation process. Our new contractors will be announced by mid February 2019.
If you would like to get regular updates on open consultations you can sign up here.
You can unsubscribe at anytime.