Do you feel you need an adaptation to your home? Here is how Gwalia can help & what you need to do
If you would like a minor adaptation such as grab rails, hand rails, lever taps or half steps to doors
Please phone our Contact Centre 0800 012 1080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
If you need a major adaption to your home, such as level access shower facilities (wet rooms), stairlifts, external wheelchair access ramps, adapting your home for internal and external wheelchair use (door widening)
An application will need to be made to Welsh Government for a Physical Adaptation Grant to fund the works.
For this you will need an Occupational Health assessment
Assessments can be carried out by an Occupational Therapist within the Social Services department of your Local Authority.
- Bridgend – 01656 815888
- Cardiff – 029 2023 4222 (adults); 029 2053 6490 (children)
- Carmarthenshire – 01267 234567 or click here
- NPT – 01639 686602
- Pembrokeshire – 01437 764551 or email here
- Powys – 01597 827666 or email here
- RCT – 01443 425003 (adults); 01443 425006 (children)
- Swansea – Intake Team 01792 636519 or email here
- Vale of Glamorgan – 01446 700111 or email here
You will then go on a list to be assessed
An Occupational Therapist will then visit your home and make recommendations for adaptations, which they will then submit to Gwalia for approval.
If approved and the adaptations are feasible, Gwalia will apply for a Physical Adaption Grant from the Welsh Government.
Please note that it can take four to eight months to secure funding to progress with the works.