Top Tips for keeping your home safe
Here’s some tips of what you can do to help keep your home safe.
- Smoke alarm: Test your smoke alarm regularly by pressing the button on the cover. Your smoke alarm will make a sound if it is in working order.
- Candles: Keep candles away from curtains, furniture and clothes. Always place them on a stable surface and make sure they are out before you go to bed.
- Electrics: Unplug any appliances you are not using and do not overload plug sockets.
- Heaters: Keep heaters well away from items that could catch light, such as furniture and clothes. Ensure heaters are turned off properly after being used.
- Smoking: Make sure cigarettes are put out and disposed of carefully.
- Cooking: Never leave pans unattended when cooking and don’t cook if you are tired or have been drinking alcohol.
- Exits: Know your escape route, and keep all exits in your home and in communal areas clear at all times
About Gwalia Arrears Asset Based Community Development Benefits Blaenymaes Card Payments Children Community Community Action Community Services Contact us Customer Suggestions Digital Inclusion DIY Employment Support Environment Fire Get Involved Grants Homes Housing Housing Benefit Improve Services Influence Decisions We Make Leaving your Home Maintenance Money Nuisance Prevention Performance Pirate Ship Recycling Rent Repairs Safety Scrutiny Skills Development Surveys Tenancy Tenant Resources Universal credit Vacancies Volunteering Welfare Reform What's On Blaenymaes Young People